Facts about Child and Youth Mental Health
- Children's Mental Health Ontario
- As many as 1 in 5 children and youth in Ontario will experience some form of mental health problem and 5 out of 6 of those kids will not receive the treatment they need.
- 70% of mental health problems have their onset during childhood or adolescence.
- 17% of children ages 2-5 years meet diagnostic criteria for mental health problems.
- 28% of students report not knowing where to turn when they wanted to talk to someone about mental health.
- Canada’s youth suicide rate is the third highest in the industrialized world.
Patient and Family Advisory Committee on Mental Health
Bully Free Community Alliance is proud and honoured to be part of Southlake Regional Health Centre's Patient and Family Advisory Committee on Mental Health. In our eyes, mental health is just as important as physical health. We continue to strive to make changes so our children and youth are supported, enriched and get the help they need.
Right by You Campaign
Suicide is the #1 non-accidental cause of death among youth. Let's help change that statistic.